Early Childhood Networking Reception
Join us for a special reception – rooftop Noe Terrace (at the Omni Hotel). Enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres with early childhood professionals. Simply bring your conference badge as your admission. Come celebrate with us.
Thursday evening, January 18, 2018 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Early Bird $25 until 12/29/17, After Early Bird – $45
If you already registered and would like to add this on to your conference experience call 1-212-787-9700 x 333 and speak to Nancy Evangelista, Conference Coordinator.
Date – Wednesday, January 17, 2018 – 4:30pm – 5:15pm
Fee – $20.00
- Start – Omni Hotel Lobby on Olive Street
- Angels Flight Railway – Angels Flight is a landmark 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) narrow gauge funicular railway in the Bunker Hill district of Downtown Los Angeles, California. It has two funicular cars, Sinai and Olivet, running in opposite directions on a shared cable on the 298 feet (91 m) long inclined railway. The Railway’s Top Station is located at California Plaza, 350 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles 90071. The Lower Station is located at 351 South Hill Street, Los Angeles 90013, across from Grand Central Market. The Railway is open daily, seven days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays, from 6:45 in the morning until 10:00 at night. The one-way fare is $1.00. Holders of valid Metro passes may ride for fifty cents. Five-ride and 40-ride discount commuter books, good for one person only and for thirty days, are available for purchase. https://angelsflight.org/
- Grand Central Market – is a downtown landmark since 1917, brings together the cuisines and cultures of LA. http://www.grandcentralmarket.com/
- Bradbury Building – The Bradbury Building, built in 1893 is considered as one of the finest architectural masterpieces in Southern California. The dramatic central court made of glazed brick walls, ornamental cast iron made in France, tiling, stairs of Belgian marble and polished wood railings is flooded in the light from the huge skylight five stories above. http://bradburybuilding.blogspot.in/
- Broadway Theater District – The Broadway Theater District in Downtown Los Angeles is the first and largest historic theater district listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With twelve movie palaces located along a six-block stretch of Broadway, it is the only large concentration of movie palaces left in the United States. https://www.laconservancy.org/events/broadway-historic-theatre-and-commercial-district-walking-tour
- End – Omni Hotel Lobby
Join Your Colleagues to Dine Around Los Angeles!
A Local volunteer tour guide will be guiding groups for dinner to restaurant hot spots around downtown Los Angeles (DTLA) on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. These restaurants attract locals and tourists alike. For those that are not familiar with DTLA, this is a great way to experience the city while not worrying about getting lost! You will have the chance to network with the conference director, Scott Mesh and fellow attendees from around the world. Simply sign up for a dinner group and our local volunteers will take you to the local restaurant. All restaurants are within walking distance from the host venue, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel. Attendees are responsible for the cost of their meals therefore we recommend that they bring cash.
To Sign Up:
- Register by clicking on REGISTER NOW. Remember no payment is required for registration!
- Meet your group in the Omni Los Angeles Hotel lobby at 5:15pm on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 and present your group reservation to your tour guide
- ENJOY dinner!
- Your tour guide will take the group back to the Omni Los Angeles Hotel. Feel free to explore the city on your own or catch a show after dinner!
You may only choose ONE restaurant option. Space is extremely limited so be sure to reserve your spot! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to hang with your international colleagues!
Restaurant options are below. Click the restaurant name to be directed to the website:
- Maccheroni Republic (Italian)
- Bar Ama (Tex-Mex)
- Perch (French)
- Au Lac (Vegan Vietnamese Cuisine)
- Badmaash (Contemporary Indian)
If you any questions or additional concerns, feel free to contact our conference team at (212) 787-9700 ext. 336. You may also contact them via email at email@example.com.