Date(s) - Mar 8, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Los Niños Services Corporate Office
PRESENTER: Monica Levy (Founder, LeapSmart)
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: This interactive workshop combines active movement games with preschool friendly activities that inspire and challenge young minds. Teachers will learn math and science games as well as engineering activities that will awaken their inner inventor. Using inexpensive everyday materials, teachers will discover how simple it is to bring a STEM curriculum into their classrooms.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to…
1. Utilize STEM to help children learn across disciplines
2. Implement simple activities in the classroom that incorporate STEM concepts utilizing everyday materials
3. Encourage STEM problem solving in the Pre-K classroom.
This workshop covers the following topics:
- What is STEM?
- How to inspire the inquiring mind through targeted questions
- Math games that integrate mind and body
- Over 15 simple STEM projects for the preschool classroom
- How to integrate STEM across disciplines
- 8:45 AM – 9:00 AM – Introduction and overview
- 9:00 AM – 9:10 AM – Review of Teacher’s role in STEM activities
- 9:10 AM – 9:25 AM – STEM hands-on activity and discussion
- 9:25 AM – 9:45 AM – How to choose a STEM activity- Examples
- 9:45 AM – 10:15 AM – Collaborative activity- apple/block challenge with your team and follow up activity
- 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM – BREAK
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM – Review of Science categories and hands-on activities
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM – LUNCH
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM – Technology and Engineering in your classroom and hands-on activities
- 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM – BREAK
- 2:45 PM – 4:00 PM – Math activities and presentation of collaborative Math project
- 4:00 PM – 4:15 PM – Q&A
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Daycare Providers
In order to receive continuing education credit for attending this workshop participants must:
- Attend the session for the full scheduled time
- Must sign the attendance form at the beginning and the end of the session
- Must complete the session and overall conference evaluation form.
Note: Partial credit is not awarded.
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE will be provided for at the end of the workshop
- Earn 6.0 CTLE (NYSED) hours upon completing this workshop
PRESENTER BIO: Monica Levy is a certified trainer through NYSAEYC, adjunct professor at Concordia College, Keynote speaker, CLASS observer and educational consultant, Monica Levy is the founder of LeapSmart™, an organization dedicated to bringing kinesthetic educational programs to children. LeapSmart’s in-school programs provide movement based classes for hundreds of children each week throughout the NY area including in schools for children with special needs. In addition Ms. Levy has created exclusive products and on line trainings especially designed for educators that are available through the LeapSmart website.
ATTENDEE CANCELLATION POLICY & REFUND REQUEST
A full refund will be given if Los Niños Training is notified in writing by Friday, February 22, 2019, less an administrative fee of $15. No refunds will be extended after February 8, 2019.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION by LOS NINOS TRAINING
Los Niños Training, LLC reserves the right to cancel the workshop due to natural disaster, inclement weather, low attendee registration or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Los Niños Training, LLC cancels the workshop, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of the workshop, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Additional questions or concerns? Please contact our team via telephone at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seating is general admission on a first come first serve basis.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS OR REQUESTS
Individuals with disabilities in need of special accommodations should contact the our office at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 to make a request. Our staff will work directly with the venue to provide the necessary accommodations. Requests for special accommodations must be made at least a month prior to the conference (by Friday, February 22, 2019). Once accommodations are found, the we will confirm need for accommodations. Once the individual confirms, the special accommodations will be secured. If the individual finds that he or she is no longer in need of the accommodations, he or she must contact the our team by Friday, February 22, 2019.
Submit any complaints via email at email@example.com or in writing to Los Niños Training LLC, 535 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018. If you have any additional questions or concerns, contact us at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FEES:
Professional Regular – $195 each
Early Bird (25% discount: Until 2/8/19) – $155 each
Student (50% discount) – $85 each
Group Registration (30% discount: 3 – 10 people) – $145 each
Group Registration (35% discount: 11 – 25 people) – $135 each
Group Registration (40% discount: 26 or more people) – $125 each – Please call us for more details at 212-787-9700 x333.
Acceptable forms of payment include PayPal, credit card, debit card, check and purchase order.
If paying by check or purchase, please make payable to: Los Niños Training
Mail checks and purchase orders to Los Niños Training, 535 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018.