Date(s) - Mar 1, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Cicatelli Associates Inc (CAI)
PRESENTER: Marcie Beigel, BCBA-D (Founder & Director, Behavior + Beyond)
Are you frustrated with the behavior in your classroom? Unsure of what to do when tantrums erupt from nowhere? Confused when you think everything is on track and then chaos engulfs your circle time? Then come learn how behavior works. You will learn why kids have problem behavior. You will learn the science behind how behavior works. Then you will learn key steps to change any behavior. Our time together will be fun, engaged and interactive, just as the best learning is. If you want to love your classroom again, come join us!
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to…
- Obtain concrete, specific, and useful tools to use the very next day to promote productive behaviors
- Explain how interactions impact behavior.
- Describe the parts of behavior.
- Describe the functions of behavior.
- Breakdown how to maintain control of your entire classroom while one child has a disruptive tantrum/meltdown.
- Walk away feeling empowered in their classrooms, confident that they can navigate any challenging behavior in their classrooms.
- 8:30 am – 8:45 am – Introductions, Agenda and Setting the Tone for the Day
- 8:45 am – 10:00 am – Behavior Perspectives
- 10:00 am – 10:15 am – AM BREAK
- 10:15 am – 11:00 am – Components of Behavior
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – Functions of Behavior
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – LUNCH
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Proactive Behavior Change Tools: 3 Foundational Keys to Help Change Behavior
- 2:30 pm – 2:45 pm – PM BREAK
- 2:45 pm – 3:30 pm – Behavior Classroom Wide
- 3:30 pm – 4:15 pm – Empowerment, Details and Questions
- 4:15 pm – 4:30 pm – Review of Day and Close
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Daycare Providers
- Other Early Childhood Professionals
In order to receive continuing education credit for attending this workshop participants must:
- Attend the session for the full scheduled time
- Must sign the attendance form at the beginning and the end of the session
- Must complete the session and overall conference evaluation form.
Note: Partial credit is not awarded.
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE will be provided for at the end of the workshop
- Earn 6.5 CTLE (NYSED) hours upon completing this workshop
PRESENTER BIO: Marcie Beigel, BCBA-D is the Founder and Director of Behavior + Beyond. By redesigning behavior with realistic strategies, Dr. Marcie has been transforming classrooms, families, and students since 1998. Dr. Marcie earned her doctorate from Teachers College, Columbia University. She is the best-selling author of Love Your Family Again and Love Your Classroom Again. She has a thriving private practice in New York City that takes her around the country helping families. Dr. Marcie also provides training for educators of all ages and has been a guest behavioral expert on nation media. Dr. Marcie has an award-winning column in NY Parenting and has shared her knowledge on appearances on NBC, FOX, CBS, and WPIX 11. For more information about her consultations for schools or families visit DrMarcie.com.
ATTENDEE CANCELLATION POLICY & REFUND REQUEST
A full refund will be given if Los Niños Training is notified in writing by Friday, February 1, 2019, less an administrative fee of $15. No refunds will be extended after February 1, 2019.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION by LOS NINOS TRAINING
Los Niños Training, LLC reserves the right to cancel the workshop due to natural disaster, inclement weather, low attendee registration or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Los Niños Training, LLC cancels the workshop, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of the workshop, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Additional questions or concerns? Please contact our team via telephone at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seating is general admission on a first come first serve basis.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS OR REQUESTS
Individuals with disabilities in need of special accommodations should contact the our office at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 to make a request. Our staff will work directly with the venue to provide the necessary accommodations. Requests for special accommodations must be made at least a month prior to the conference (by Friday, February 1, 2019). Once accommodations are found, the we will confirm need for accommodations. Once the individual confirms, the special accommodations will be secured. If the individual finds that he or she is no longer in need of the accommodations, he or she must contact the our team by Friday, February 1, 2019.
Submit any complaints via email at email@example.com or in writing to Los Niños Training LLC, 535 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018. If you have any additional questions or concerns, contact us at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FEES:
Professional Regular – $195 each
Early Bird (25% discount: Until 2/1/19) – $155 each
Student (55% discount) – $85 each
Group Registration (3 – 10 people) – $145 each
Group Registration (11 – 25 people) – $135 each
Group Registration (26 or more people) – $125 each – Please call us for more details at 212-787-9700 x333.
Acceptable forms of payment include PayPal, credit card, debit card, check and purchase order.
If paying by check or purchase, please make payable to: Los Niños Training
Mail checks and purchase orders to Los Niños Training, 535 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018.