Date(s) - Feb 15, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Los Niños Services Corporate Office
PRESENTER: Tenise Wall, PhD, ACSW, LMSW, CASAC-T (Executive Director, Wall Professional Services)
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: This workshop will outline the various anxiety disorders endorsed by children and will discuss the symptoms one must exhibit to meet the DSM-V criteria to be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and the symptoms often expressed in young children. The etiology of anxiety along with current trends and research will be explored. Case studies will be weaved throughout the workshop to demonstrate the applicability of the strategies that will be provided. The principal goal of this workshop will be to provide participants with interventions and back pocket skills they can use when they get back to school or to the office the young children they work with. The secondary goal is to increase participants understanding of anxiety in early childhood.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to…
- Describe the different anxiety disorders in children as outlined in the DSM-5.
- Describe the symptoms of anxiety in young children
- Explain how symptoms sometimes differ in children from those in adults with anxiety disorders.
- Examine case studies and describe effective interventions and strategies used for working with children with anxiety disorder.
- 8:30 AM – 8:45 AM: Welcome, opening remarks, overview of objectives
- 8:45 AM – 9:00 AM: Anxiety defined
- 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM: Types of Anxiety in children
- 9:45 AM – 10:30 AM: Review of DSM-5 criteria for Anxiety Disorder
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM: Morning Break
- 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM: Symptoms of anxiety in children and how they sometimes differ from adults
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Etiology, research, & current trends in working with children with anxiety
- 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM: Afternoon Break
- 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM: Interventions and strategies for working with children with anxiety
- 3:45 PM – 4:15 PM: Final questions/comments
- 4:15 PM – 4:30 PM: Call to Action & Closing Remarks
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Daycare Providers
- School Psychologists
- Licensed Psychologists
- Social Workers
- Mental Health/School Counselors
- Other Early Childhood Professionals
In order to receive continuing education credit for attending this workshop participants must:
- Attend the session for the full scheduled time
- Must sign the attendance form at the beginning and the end of the session
- Must complete the session and overall conference evaluation form.
Note: Partial credit is not awarded.
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE will be provided for at the end of the workshop
- This presentation is approved for NYSED-SW CPE 6.5 contact hours.
- This BEGINNER level session is offered for 6.5 ASWB continuing education clock hours.
- 6.5 NASP CPD credits offered.
- Earn 6.5 CTLE (NYSED) hours upon completing this workshop
PRESENTER BIO: Tenise Wall, PhD, ACSW, LMSW, CASACT is the Executive Director at Dr. Wall’s ADHD & Wellness Center where she provides therapy, mediation, and speaker’s services. Dr. Wall is a licensed social worker, Certified Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counselor(t), Certified School Social Worker, and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. Dr. Wall has worked with thousands of children & adolescents and conducted doctoral research on the topic of ADHD. She is a member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers and has been acknowledged for her contributions to the field of social work by local and national politicians, school superintendents, and NASW.
ATTENDEE CANCELLATION POLICY & REFUND REQUEST
A full refund will be given if Los Niños Training is notified in writing by Friday, January 18, 2019, less an administrative fee of $15. No refunds will be extended after February 1, 2019.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION by LOS NINOS TRAINING
Los Niños Training, LLC reserves the right to cancel the workshop due to natural disaster, inclement weather, low attendee registration or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Los Niños Training, LLC cancels the workshop, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of the workshop, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Additional questions or concerns? Please contact our team via telephone at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 or via email at email@example.com.
Seating is general admission on a first come first serve basis.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS OR REQUESTS
Individuals with disabilities in need of special accommodations should contact the our office at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 to make a request. Our staff will work directly with the venue to provide the necessary accommodations. Requests for special accommodations must be made at least a month prior to the conference (by Friday, January 18, 2019). Once accommodations are found, the we will confirm need for accommodations. Once the individual confirms, the special accommodations will be secured. If the individual finds that he or she is no longer in need of the accommodations, he or she must contact the our team by Friday, January 18, 2019.
Submit any complaints via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Los Niños Training LLC, 535 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018. If you have any additional questions or concerns, contact us at (212) 787-9700 ext. 333 or at email@example.com.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FEES:
Professional Regular – $195 each
Early Bird (25% discount: Until 2/1/19) – $155 each
Student (55% discount) – $85 each
Group Registration (3 – 10 people) – $145 each
Group Registration (11 – 25 people) – $135 each
Group Registration (26 or more people) – $125 each – Please call us for more details at 212-787-9700 x333.
Acceptable forms of payment include PayPal, credit card, debit card, check and purchase order.
If paying by check or purchase, please make payable to: Los Niños Training
Mail checks and purchase orders to Los Niños Training, 535 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018.
Registration is closed for this event.